Advanced Pearl & Bead Stringing DVD
The Advanced Pearl & Bead Stringing DVD teaches advanced techniques used by professional pearl and bead stringers in their jewelry. The DVD assumes the user already has basic pearl and bead stringing skills. These are must-know techniques for the advanced pearl and bead stringer. They include:
- Creating an endless necklace – Joining the ends of a necklace without a clasp. While endless necklaces are not new, they are receiving increased addition as jewelry manufacturers seek to reduce the use of high cost metal.
- Adding thread to correct mistakes & enhance manufacturing capabilities. Professional pearl and bead stringers should know how to add thread to correct mistakes. In addition, this technique enhances manufacturing capabilities by enabling the stringer to change thread during manufacture.
- A demonstration of how these techniques can be combined with pearls and gemstones of different drill hole widths to produce a strong necklace without having to enlarge drill holes by drilling. To see this demonstration, please visit the front page of this website and watch the video.
- Using French Wire – French Wire is used primarily for its protective properties. In addition, many professional pearl and bead stringers believe it adds a professional finish to attaching the necklace to a clasp. The DVD teaches how to use French Wire and how it can be used as a component in design.
- Creating necklace fringes – Fringes are increasingly popular. The DVD reviews a number of fringes with tips on specific techniques.
- Using square knots to create clasps – Although technically a macrame knot, the square knot can be used to create clasps and is especially useful for multi-strand or heavy necklaces.
- A review of how to create multi-strand necklaces including graduated necklaces and torsades.
The DVD also reviews the double knot, thread manipulation and managing multiple needles.
Although Advanced Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing is a companion to the Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing two-volume course, you don’t have to have taken the course to benefit…provided you have basic pearl and bead stringing skills.
The disc is $12.99 plus $2.74 shipping.